Welcome to Harbin
It’s the capital city of the Heilongj province and is the largest city in the northeastern region of China. This city was established before 1115. The meaning of Harbin is “place of drying fishnets”. It was christened the “city of music” by the UN on June 22nd, 2010. The best time to visit the city is from February to December.
Where to visit?
- Yabuli ski resort: it’s the largest ski resort in China situated in northern province of Heilongjiang. This resort had hosted winter Asian games in 1996.
- Saint Sophia cathedral: it’s a former Russian Orthodox Church situated in district of Daloi in Harbin city. This cathedral was turned into a museum in 1997.
- Bingxue Big world: it’s an ice sculpture exhibition that takes place every year from December to march.
- Long Ta: it’s a 336-meter-tall tower also known as Dragon tower. It is the tallest freestanding lattice tower in China. The construction of the building was started in 1999 and completed in 2000.
- Taiyang Island xuebohui: it’s a beautiful place where you can see lots of ice sculptures.
- Harbin polarland: In China, it’s the first theme park of polar region. Here you can see lots of fishes and polar bears.
- Jije temple: it’s a beautifully designed Buddhist temple.
Where to stay?
- Hotel Ibis Harbin Sofia charcha: it’s a budget hotel with streamlined rooms and facility of 24 hours café /bar.
- Holiday Inn Harbin city center: hotel provides casual rooms. There is a charming bar and restaurant in hotel.
- Modern Hotel: casual hotel with clean and decorated rooms. Hotel also provide the facility of Indoor pool.
- Intervation Hotel: Amazing hotel with great rooms. Staff is courteous and helpful.